Wednesday, November 2, 2011

lace and a brace


Today I planned to go crazy and re-learn as much Italian as possible. Yeah, haven’t even touched the book yet.

I did, however, attempt the DIY lace mason jar. Uhm, it did not turn out like that picture at all. I think there were several factors including the fact that I am incredibly craft-challenged (even before the brace).


Unfortunately there a lot of pictures from this angle because I can't really get on the ground so much.

Came out pretty janky.

That is one of the Gatorade towels that the team's trainer brought out to keep me warm while I was lying on the ice. Yep, thanks for the free towels!



Luckily I've got like 10 more jars, lots of spray paint and plenty of lace so maybe I'll get it perfected. If anyone has suggestions on how to get the lace to stay on and lay flat, feel free to shoot them out there!

Other than that, I've figured out how to get on my knees and up without bending my back, which I don't know if I'm supposed to be doing. If my physical therapist sister is reading this, she's probably already dialing my number to chew me out. I'm waiting to hear back from my doctor as to when I need to schedule my post-op appointment but I hope it's fairly soon. I have like a billion questions to ask him about what is okay to do right now and if it isn't okay, when it will be.
Another accomplishment: I'm now able to get my brace off by myself. Next step is attempting to get it on by myself. Considering how difficult it was for my mom to put it on the first time, I'm not expecting to be able to do it anytime soon. Obviously I need to start trying as often as possible to get it down.

Alright, I guess I'll go open that Italian book now. Enjoy your evenings!


3 comments:

  1. I think they look cute! Maybe the one on pinterest was a little messed up too and they just took the picture from a good angle :)

    (also, this is amanda hoffman hall! I have a blog on here but it's just me and two friends writing back and forth so don't feel obliged to read it :) ) get better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amanda! I really appreciate it!! Hope the married life is going well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Brooke! You did a great job! Maybe a spray adhesive? You could probably pick up a can at Hobby Lobby. Correction. You broke your back. See if someone would run out and grab you a can! That may stabilize the lace? Just an idea. LOVE your blog and your sweet heart. Hope you're up and about soon. Sooner. Get it?

    ReplyDelete