Tuesday, November 29, 2011

backbored

I'm a little over a month out of surgery and doing about as well as or better than can be expected, I think. I'm sure I actually do more than I should be at this point but I never have any pain and my back feels fine.

I had a great Thanksgiving with the fam. Walked the Edmond Turkey Trot that morning. My sister, Shylia, ran it and came back to walk the rest of the way with me. Throughout the beginning of this holiday season, I've been even more aware of how thankful I am for my family. They've all be incredibly supportive through this situation and I couldn't ask for a better one! :)

Speaking of the holidays, I'm really ready for them. School is not super stressful for me right now because of the dropped classes and I'm pretty much just bored. This is what I did this weekend with that boredom:

 
Credit to Kyle for the Keystone Light tree topper. He knows that the inhabitants of this apartment are classy enough to leave it on there.
Unfortunately, Riggins wanted to give his input in the decorations and it now looks like this:
 
I ignored and left it like that yesterday because, let's be real, I'm never gonna be bored enough to put a tree up 2 times. Instead, I went to Hobby Lobby after class and found this:
for just 10 bucks! That's like, a LOT of scrapbook paper and I'm pretty pumped about it. I've been pinning, of course, and definitely want to make this magnet make-up board. I've already started but I'm having trouble cutting a cookie sheet to make it fit the frame.

 Frame's painted and good to go.

Magnets are on the back of all my make-up. Really, just need the cookie sheet. Turns out cutting metal is not that easy.

Anyway, I'm off to my class and then I get to study Italian for the rest of the day. Hollaaa.

No comments:

Post a Comment