Saturday, December 17, 2011

pre post op

My 8-week post-op is on Monday and I am so ready for it. The feeling in my back is steadily coming back and I have little to no pain so I'm interested to see what the fusion looks like and what the doc says. I will be requesting copies of the x-rays and scanning them on to my computer. I'm actually about to search Pinterest for some ways to frame and commemorate the whole experience. :)
I've also been informed to just go ahead and talk to him about starting physical therapy. I'm not positive, but I'll probably just fold over at the middle if I take the brace off without strengthening my back.
I need to make a list of things to bring up so I'll just start it on here. Feel free to give me any suggestions if I miss something.

1. Physical therapy- when, where, how long.
2. X-rays- can I get some copies?
3. Brace- exactly when the crap can I get rid of this thing and if I have to keep it for much longer, can I get some replacement velcro straps? because mine are seriously disgusting at this point.
4. Exercising- how much can I lift at a time, when can I start running, can I start swimming, basically: let me start again, thanks.
5. Work- I feel pretty useless when it comes to moving stuff around at this point because I'm afraid to do too much. I need to figure out what I can do and what I absolutely cannot do.
6. Nerve damage: what is normal, will I ever get full feeling back, etc.

Uhh, that's all I can think of right now and I've got to go get ready for work. You would think with the broken back and school being over, I wouldn't be able to procrastinate but somehow I still manage it.

Oh, and speaking of school- I still have not heard from my professor about whether or not I passed Italian. Cross your fingers.

Hope you're all having great weekends!

No comments:

Post a Comment