Thursday, January 19, 2012

"back" in no time :)

My 12 week post-op appointment was yesterday and it went great. Everything looks good; the bones are straight, my incision is healed and the scar is not as gross as it could be, and I'm getting around really well. Most importantly, I'm weening off this brace!
And by weening, I mean, I straight up have not worn it since the appointment yesterday. I also haven't really done anything since then so I'm not having any pain or weakness. I'm going to the Huff after one of my classes just to do some light stuff and see how I do after that.
Shylia came with me and put her big sister foot down and got physical therapy prescribed. So hopefully with that, I'll be even closer to getting back to where I was before everything happened!

I've been signed up to run the OKC Memorial Half Marathon since like September. It's not until April 29 but I don't know if I will be able to run it all since I won't be able to train very effectively for a while. My goal is to go ahead and attempt it and hopefully finish in under 3 hours.

Oh, also- I am good to use my backpack again. Definitely a good thing since I have class pretty much all day today.

I'm going to try to have a better, more specific post tomorrow. Good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment